Friday, June 24, 2011

Mad Libs

Sometimes my MTT training journal could read like a “mad libs”.

Went for a  (insert number) mile (sport) at (insert number here) a.m.

The weather was humid and sticky.  The ride was epic and the company was hilarious and fun.  The conversation skirted the line of appropriate and that made it awesome

On any given day though, that could have read:

The  9 mile run was sucktastic and the company was distracted by 'lickable' abs and made me laugh.
… or
The 2000m swim was a near miss on drowning and the company was wearing a too-small see through speedo and 70 years old.

And sometimes the sentence makes no sense at all…

holy freaking athletic apparel!” the Yellow Snow exclaimed.  “Look at his scungilli shorts from 1979!”

I guess adjectives, adverbs and scungilli aside, what I'm saying here is that it seems like I’ve been doing the same things day in and day out for the last _____ weeks of my _____ life.

Oh.

Wait.

That’s because I’m training for the San Francisco Half Marathon in July and the Richmond Marathon in November… so… I AM doing the same thing day in and day out.

Has it really only been 4 weeks since MTT started?  This is taking forEVER.

Has it really already been 4 weeks since MTT started?  The time is FLYING.

Don consistently preaches consistency with this whole “training” thing.

I guess it’s a good thing I’m a creature of habit.

~savor the run~

No comments:

Post a Comment